Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Video: Amazing Wildlife of Bako National Park, Borneo

I studied primatology at University so it had been a long-time dream of mine to see proboscis monkeys in the wild. Bako National Park in Sarawak, Borneo, Malaysia, did not disappoint. A proboscis family was out foraging in the mangroves near park headquarters every morning and there was a plethora of other fascinating critters to be seen as well.

Enjoy!




Note: I have a larger article on Bako in the works and I'll post a link once it's been published.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Celeste - nothing to do with monkeys, I'm afraid, but thanks so much for your kind comment. We are all fine, although we live pretty near the Pearl Roundabout and I did hear gunfire last night which was pretty unsettling. Luckily it is half term this week so girls and I are pretty much staying put at home. In any event it is rumoured there may be a curfew tonight. Difficult times!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails